Sunday, April 17, 2011

Freezer cooking

This year has been a crazy experience for me.  It is a rare day that I don't come home and take a nap.  My job and all the "extra work" that comes along with it is exhausting and I rarely have the energy to even think about cooking let alone do it.  For most of the year, my amazing husband has stepped up and cooked pretty much ALL the meals we ate. 

Since Warren will be starting Law school in the fall, it is my turn to step up.  Teaching is getting more manageable as the weeks go by, but I am still exhausted on a daily basis (likely due to my early morning runs).  My amazingly domesticated sister gave me the brilliant idea to start freezer cooking.  This way, I cook up a storm on the weekends and freeze about two weeks worth of meals to simply pull out and heat up during the week when exhaustion has hit.  Also, since I am only cooking for two, I normally make large amounts of each recipe so they last for more than one meal.  Right now I currently have the following meals in my freezer:
  • Chicken Rice broccoli casserole (4-6 meals)
  • Ground turkey chili (6 meals)
  • Chicken enchiladas (2 meals)
  • Chicken Fajitas (1 meal)
  • Mini Turkey meat loaves (3-4 meals)
  • Baked Spaghetti (2 meals)
  • Tacos (2 meals)
 It takes a couple hours of my weekend to do this, but it makes life so much easier during the week! Warren really appreciates it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment