Sunday, April 10, 2011

Still kickin'

I have very much neglected this blog for the past months.  I have had one too many things on my plate at work, which seemed to consume my life.

As far as runs go, I have been off and on.  I trained so hard for a 8 mile race on presidents day, only to be told NO by my Dr. due to a severe sinus infection.  Despite this, I thought I could handle it, so we went to pick up the race packets anyway.  The journey from the parking lot to the Blaisdell expo (less than a 5 minute walk) kicked my ass, and to my disappointment made me realize that an 8 mile run was not in the cards for me the next day.  Such a hard realization considering the hard work I put in.

The month of march was crazy and lazy.  I took a long trip home for spring break to meet my beautiful new niece Ms. Briley.
 I also got to sing and play with the famous adders.
I miss my little girlfriends! I don't get to see them often, so when I do, I definitely make the most of it.


April has been devoted to getting back into the swing of my workouts.  Getting back on the treadmill, doing a little lifting, and using this crazy ab wheel (haven't been able to move for the past 2 days from this).  Each weekday this week I got out of bed at 4:15, drank my green tea, then ran.  This is something that I have been struggling with during the "winter" months here.  It is hard to get of bed when it is cold out!  I have some good momentum going so stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment