Saturday, April 9, 2011

“My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.”

The great Dalai Lama said it so well.  

 

There are so many people around me who claim to be religious. They claim to be devout Christians, but their actions speak much louder than words.  I am so tired of people using "I'm a Christian," as a get out of jail free card.  It is funny how the rude and selfish are the first to damn others to hell. I didn't realize a human had that ability..?

 

One of my biggest questions is, if you can't get to heaven without accepting Jesus, then what about all the others? What if you are Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim, or Hindu? What if that is ALL you know?  What about them?  Why can't their kindness and respect and good deeds get them anywhere?  What if they hear the word of Jesus and reject it because they have so much faith in their own religion? What if you don't believe in heaven and hell, but are still a good person with morals?  What if you're not sure?  I just wish people would have a little more respect for others' choices and quit with the, "you can't be saved without Jesus" stuff.  I totally respect your belief on that, but that is not the universal truth or belief of everyone. So please stop shouting it. 



ON ANOTHER NOTE: I just don't understand the mentality behind meddling into others' business.  Who cares if your neighbor is gay and wants to get married? Shouldn't they have the same rights as everyone else in the world?  

 

And what if a fellow community member is violently raped and becomes pregnant from this tragedy..?  Shouldn't she have the right to choose to abort?  Why is this anybodies business but the persons?

It is not like this would ever be a choice taken lightly....but why shouldn't she have the freedom to make the choice? 

 


Just my thoughts.  I don't think it is anyone's place to point fingers at others for making personal choices that don't affect others.  Your religion is a personal choice, not something you need to advertise on a billboard.  Especially when your advertisements are offensive.  If there is a heaven and a hell, I hope my kindness, good deeds, and respect for others' gets me somewhere some day.


1 comment:

  1. Nicely Put.. Usually when someone points a finger there are 4 pointed back at them....

    ReplyDelete